Wednesday, March 26, 2014

STANDING OUT IN CAMOUFLAGE

Trying to blend in but somehow always standing out. I never fit into the cookie cutter setting around me. I was destined for something other then the norm, I was destined for greatness. The day i realized standing out wasn't something to be ashamed of was the day I started my journey. 
















I'm currently on spring break and am more than happy about it because school was tiring me out and finals kicked. my. ass.
 I plan on staying productive during my break, focusing on my line development and perfecting my sewing. I finally have a place to sew so it's time to get down to business. THE HUSTLE NEVER STOPS. Even know I'm going to stay focused don't doubt that I'm going to take a well deserved vacation. I need it. I have a pretty much free stay at a hotel  suite in Palm springs so I'm trying to get a group together to relax, turn up, and just have some fun. 

I started out my break by going to Connected fest. It's a fashion festival presented by The Well that brings together fashion + music + art + community. It was so fun! and I scored some seriously dope stuff!! and saw some pretty dope people. And I had pizza, thumbs up all around I even ran into Pia Mia! Random story about her: I found this really cute vintage vest at connected, wheat leather in the front and stretch cotton in the back. I put it down for a sec to look at the rest of the clothes and when I came back to it guess who was purchasing it? Yes, Pia. "You mad?" Hell yeah I'm mad! but it'll look cute on that little fashion killa.



$ THE FIT $
Anyways, speaking of connected fest, that's where I got half of my outfit! It's a new age army girl look. The Halter I got from The Cobra Shop's booth at connected. The colors are what got me, so funky and they gave the camouflage a refreshing look. Although I've loved camo forever, the trending of it kind of played it out for me so I was happy to find this. The skirt is the black pvc circle skirt from American apparel. I'm just wearing a plain black bandage skirt I got years ago underneath.  I've wanted a skirt like this forever and I was lucky enough to score it cheap at the factory! I still want it in pretty much every other color. It's perfect for layering over dresses or just pairing with some shorts or a skirt. I want the completely clear one so when I wear patterns underneath they'll completely show through. The shoes are from YRU. I got them from The Well's booth at connected for only $35!! (Thanks Alex) They are black platform sneakers with quilt detailing and hiking boot laces. Can you say badass?


SHOES - YRU
*Better view of the YRU quilted Raze*


   



I also wanted to add this little selfie I took wearing this outfit because I was wearing my clueless feather choker from The Cobra Snake! It wasn't showing up well in my photos cause we just did a quick little "Iphone Photoshoot" lol. It was just for fun at first but I ended up liking the photos. It just looked like I had something on my neck so it didn't make it into the post. But trust, it made the outfit.







LISTEN TO THIS!

Freaky girl by Gucci Mane


No comments:

Post a Comment